By Sloane Quealy-Miner
UPDATE 4/30/11 DOG WARS IS NOW CALLED KG DOGFIGHTING
Android, who is owned by Google, has available in the Android Market a new downloadable game application for your phone called KG Dogfighting/ DOG WARS (developed by Kage Games LLC). This is a DOG FIGHTING GAME. The player feeds, waters, trains and FIGHTS the virtual dog for virtual money. It is clear to me that the people at Google/Android /Kage Games think dog fighting is a joke and that perpetuating the myth that pit bulls are inherently aggressive has no repercussions.
CALL TO ACTION
- Flag this application and both add-on packs as inappropriate here. The application’s name is “KG Dogfighting/Dog Wars”, the 2 add-on applications are named “Dog Bucks”, and the developer is Kage Games LLC
- If you’re an Android device user, search “Dog Wars” and “Dog Bucks” in the Android Market application. Flag all of them from your device as well.
- Email Google at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask they remove KG Dogfighting/Dog Wars and both Dog Bucks packs from the Android Market. As they say, a picture speaks a thousand words, so feel free to attach a photo of a victim of dog fighting
- Sign the petition to Google and Android demanding KG Dogfighting/Dog Wars and related Dog Bucks apps be banned from the Market
- Email Kage Games at email@example.com and ask them how they sleep at night. Their application demonizes dogs, perpetuates breedist and racist stereotypes, and inspires future dog fighters.
REPEATEDLY EMAIL until they take this application off the market.
This kind of stereotyping is responsible for countless deaths of loving, gentle and well adjusted pit bulls across the country. These innocent dogs suffer and die in shelters because it gives false verification to the public that pit bull type dogs are vicious. The people at Google/Android and Kage Games are too daft to realize that aggression is not a breed issue, it is a dog issue. Any dog breed can be “trained” to behave aggressively. This fact has been supported time and again.
The developers state on the game description page “If you have a bug up your b*tt about the game concept, remember: It is just A VIDEO GAME…” It is not just a video game, it is irresponsible and devastating to the animals that are victims of this abuse. The animal abusers who participate in dog fights starve, beat and train the dogs to behave aggressively to both animals and people.
Fighting dogs are kept isolated from other dogs
Fighting dogs spend most of their lives on short, heavy chains, often just out of reach of other dogs.
Fighting dogs may also be given a variety of legal and illegal drugs, including anabolic steroids to enhance muscle mass and encourage aggressiveness. Narcotic drugs may also be used to increase the dogs’ aggression, increase reactivity and mask pain or fear during a fight. Young animals are often trained or tested by allowing them to fight with other dogs in well-controlled “rolls.” Those who show little inclination to fight may be discarded or killed. Some fighters will use stolen pets as “bait dogs,” or sparring partners.
Fighting dogs used by all types of fighters may have their ears cropped and tails docked close to their bodies. This serves two purposes. First, it limits the areas of the body that another dog can grab onto in a fight, and second, it makes it more difficult for other dogs to read the animal’s mood and intentions through the normal body language cues dogs use in aggressive encounters. Fighters usually perform this cropping/docking themselves using crude and inhumane techniques
The effects of dog fighting are devastating, please take a moment to speak up for the victims, thank you